One of my favorite makeup looks in the winter is red lips. When I got married right in middle of the winter, I immediately decided that it was the makeup look I wanted for my wedding.
One thing I was worried about was my lipstick. How would I get it to last without smudging or coming off for my entire wedding? Well, my makeup artist told me what she doing as she was doing it, and told me the lipstick would last the entire night.
It did. It lasted the entire wedding – around 12 hours total until I wiped it off. The lipstick I wore was Mac, but I have since tried this same method with cheaper brands and it worked just as well.
Here’s how to make lipstick last:
Preparation: Before applying your lipstick, you need to prep your lips.
- Apply any lip balm to your lips and massage them lightly.
- If you have extra skin, use a clean toothbrush and rub your lips.
- Apply a translucent powder as a lip primer.
- Line your lips carefully with a red lip pencil. If you don’t have red, a nude one will work as well.
- Fill in the rest of your lips with the same lip pencil.
- Apply your lipstick.
- Apply a second coat of lipstick using a lip brush.
- Blot your lips using a tissue.
- Apply the same translucent powder, this will prevent smudging.
I know this seems like a lot of steps, but they work. You will be able to eat and drink and not have to worry about reapplying your makeup. Try it, you’ll see!